When water damage affects a home, it is hard to be sold but if you are going to buy a house with a water damage, it is important that you are able to determine how bad the damage is before buying the house. This is even more essential if the house is about to experience more problems due to the water damage. You should work with an inspector to assess the water damage and work with a contractor to give you an estimated budget for the repairs of the water damage. This way you will be able to tell the seller the amount of money that you will pay for the house.
This guide will help you to find out more information.
1. The proper inspection of the house:
• Ask the following questions.
A) What is the reason of the water damage?
B) Have you done any repairs?
C) Is there any mold? And if there is any mold; have you hired a mold removal agency?
D) Has the mold removal company completed the whole house?
E) Has the electricity been checked?
• Once you ask these questions, have the home inspected even if the seller confirms that repairs were attempted, there may be further unnoticed damages.
• Hire a mold removal expert to check the house. You don’t want to live in a house with mold as it may be toxic. Handle the mold removal expert the report that the seller will give to you which as given to the seller by the mold removal company that worked there and let the expert assess the situation completely.
2. The cost:
Follow the following points to determine the costs.
• Because the home was water damaged once, it's susceptible to the damage again whatever the cause of the damage was. It's essential to buy an insurance policy.
• If the damage was because of flood, buy a flood insurance policy.
• You need to know the exact amount of money that the repairs will cost. This is essential regarding you will buy the house or not. Ask for the mold removal costs too.
• By now you should have all the reports about everything; review all of them carefully to determine how much you will pay. Consider the opinions of a real estate agent and real estate attorney during this process. They can help you determine the exact price.
3. The process of buying the house:
Follow the following steps to buy the house.
• The bid. Once you determine the amount you are about to pay, submit the bid to the seller or have a real estate agent to do this step for more professionalism.
• Most of the houses that have been water-damaged can be paid for it with the out of pocket payment method. If you cannot pay immediately, apply for a mortgage. The type of mortgage which you will apply to get will depend on a lot of factors that you will discuss with the bank.
• Sign the paperwork, review everything over and over and close the deal.
Carpet cleaning can be so easy if you know exactly what to do regarding different situations. Things like the best carpet cleaner for certain stains, how to make a homemade carpet cleaner, how to find the best carpet cleaning agency and the secrets of carpet cleaning need a guide to help the non-professional people who face such problems and want to wash their floors without paying a lot of money. This guide will teach you how to deal with one of the most annoying problems which is fleas. When fleas invade the fibers, it is so hard to get them out just by regular cleaning so let’s see how to get rid of them professionally.
1. Getting rid of fleas chemically:
Follow the following steps to wash your carpet out of fleas chemically:
• Use an eco-friendly, pet-safe insecticide as a carpet cleaner. Apply it to a certain area of your floor or a place in a certain room. Wait until it dries out totally then vacuum your carpet. You will have to vacuum daily up to a week or may be two maximum according to the condition of the fibers.
• Don’t let your pets or kids in the room or the area you are cleaning especially if they are allergic to insecticides. You may suffer from dramatic consequences if you did that.
• Use salt or borax and apply it all over the floor, especially where your pet loves to sit, under sofas and furniture and near the door. Leave it for up to 48 hours before vacuuming. Also make sure your kids and pets stay out of the area you are cleaning.
2. Using Diatomaceous Earth for carpet cleaning purposes:
Follow the following steps to clean your carpet using Diatomaceous Earth as a carpet cleaner:
• Make sure to use food grade Diatomaceous Earth because there is a type for the swimming pools and it is not suitable as a carpet cleaner.
• The type we use in the swimming pools is toxic while the type for carpet cleaning is safe so if your pet or kid digested it by mistake, nothing bad will happen.
• Spread the diatomaceous earth all over the floor. It will wash it up perfectly as it kills fleas effectively.
• Vacuum all your floors.
• Use it to wash the place of your pet’s place too. Usually the pet’s place is where fleas come from so killing them there will be elimination to the source of fleas.
• Give your pet a path before letting it sleep at its place again.
3. The regular carpet cleaning method:
Follow the following steps to clean your carpet regularly:
• It is better to use a nozzle instead of just vacuuming the floor.
• The duration of vacuuming differs according to how heavy the infestation is. The heaviest infestation requires up to two weeks of daily vacuuming.
• Vacuum the same places as previous and make sure to reach corners and baseboards.
• Throw the vacuum cleaner bag outside your home and make sure to tie it well.
• Wash your carpet and furniture using a steam cleaner. It will kill any remnants of the fleas within the fibers.
• Make sure to wash your pet’s bedding using the best and safest carpet cleaner.
Where do you start when it comes to looking for a steam cleaner for the carpet? You can consider renting a carpet shampooer that can use a detergent and hot water to loosen the dirt from your carpet and then remove it. Clearly, heavy foot traffic can really make the carpet dirty. On average, it costs about $51 for a professional to clean a carpet for each room. Whereas renting a carpet shampooer would probably cost you $35 per day including the cleaning solution. Besides, cost issues there are factors to consider before renting a steam cleaner.
Best carpet cleaner solution
Mattings get stained for numerous reasons from unforeseen accidents to pet odor. Most of the stain removers work well preferably immediately the stain occurs. Still, you may not be able to keep track of all the stains on your matting. Buy a carpet shampoo at a fordable price. For thick mats, you need a shampoo that can perform deep cleaning. Some solutions are versatile, therefore, great for any carpet shampooer. Apart from that, you can look at a solution that can work with almost any carpet whether thick or thin without creating too much odor. Also, choose a shampoo with the pleasant fragrance that freshen your room leaving the floor covering scented.
What no one tells you about carpet shampooer rental?
Most people would require the steam cleaner for just a day. Get your projections right. How long do you think you can take to clean the mat? Determine the number of rooms to clean. You might need the cleaner for a time slightly longer than 24 hours. You can then decide to negotiate for daily rates of multi-day rental.
Your carpet shampooer rental company may recommend a certain cleaning solution for use with the steam cleaner. For instance, they may prefer a strong solution for the carpet and a different kind for the upholstery. The bottom line is this you have to verify whether you are using the correct detergent. Ask the rental company if their carpet shampooer is compatible with alternative brands of detergents.
Before you rent try to find out if the steam cleaner has passed CRI testing procedures. A certified cleaner will receive either a Golden, Silver or Bronze certification. So what's the point? The Carpet and Rug Institute uses the certification to determine the levels of steam cleaner power and efficacy.
Is the machine transportable? Besides, pushing the cleaner around the house as you do the cleaning, you have to load and unload it in your truck when transporting it. Remember: when you fill the steam shampooer with detergent it might become heavier to maneuver.
How long will my matting take to dry? Drying time ranges from just a couple of hours to 10 hours. If a rug has heavy stains chances are that it takes more time to dry up. Most of all, no one should walk on it before it dries. Or else, the mat will get dirty pretty much easier.
Carpet cleaning services are among the common businesses that most people think of it when they want to open a good business with good income. As any business, carpet cleaning services need a clear plan and most people already apply the plan well regarding buying the equipment and advertising their business but they still fall in some mistakes that make the business run slowly.
Most carpet cleaning services owners ask about what they have done wrong and here are some of the most common mistakes that most carpet cleaning services owners fall in.
1. Failure to handle the financial situation:
When an owner of the carpet cleaning services business consults a financial expert, the expert asks him/her three questions which are
• Do you track your incomes and losses?
• Are you able to create a budget?
• Do you have an estimated budget?
Unfortunately most of the business owners have no idea about these questions.
The financial experts say the problem mainly is not the money but it is that the owners do not know the definition of the word budget and do not know how to adhere to it.
The perfect solution in this case is that the owner of the business hires a certified public accountant which will take a good care of the whole financial situation of the business including handling the incomes and losses situation to make the business succeed. That is also about make the proper amount of money.
2. Merging personal and business accounts:
One of the most common mistakes that carpet cleaning services owners do is to merge their personal and business accounts together. They think that the business is too small to open a separate account for it and that is the mistake.
You need to follow the following rules in order to maintain the finances of the business separated from your personal finances.
• Don’t use the business money for your personal purchases and don’t let your wife to use the business money too if she works with you. Keep the business money away from your personal life and live on the profits of the business.
• Follow the IRS (Internal Revenue Service) instructions regarding the separation between your finances and the business money.
3. The taxes:
The taxes system for the small businesses is simpler than for Major Corporation for example. The tax system will estimate the amount of that you should pay then you should deposit it and of course the estimated amount of money is based on your financial situation so don’t try to manipulate with the taxes system because at the end, the government will catch you.
Delaying the payment leads to serious consequences which will lead to large fines or even time in jail.
Pay your taxes regularly and don’t get in troubles.
4. Invest money back in the business:
Most carpet cleaning services owners deal with the equipment they bought when they started the place and never buy the latest technologies which allow their competitors to have some and may be a lot of their customers. Invest money in the business and buy the latest technologies available; it will pay back soon.
A stain remover is a great idea to have in your home or office to lift blemishes right off in a couple of minutes. Anyway, water doesn't help at all with spot treatment. Carpet stain can make someone’s life miserable indeed. Carpet and sofa mess can happen if you have a chaotic three-year old baby and a dog with the tendency of bringing mud in the house.
Spot treatment will help you pull up stains and get rid of the odor. It seems whatever is to get into your sofa or carpet always does whether it is blood, glue, tea, wax or gum. A spill is an ordinary thing in many homes. You can try to scrub and get nowhere without a proper stain remover. The front door area of the carpet runs the risks of much staining because of high foot traffic. Spot treatment leaves the carpet or sofa smart and stains free.
How to get pet stains out of carpet
Pet owners are familiar with unintended discoloration on the carpets ranging from mud, urine, and dust which happen on a daily basis. Urine is a tough dent to tackle. Before you embark on removing the entire mark perform a spot removal test on a section of the carpet using a stain remover.
Spills may not be an issue in your house if you have the best stain remover. It fades away the marks clean. It is exciting to find a product that really works quickly to remove the tint spot.
Is the urine still wet? Blot it with a clean paper towel. Do this faster before it is absorbed. If you own a Shop-Vac use it to extract the rest of the urine. Mix a cup of warm water with a ¼ spoonful of dishwashing detergent. Desist from using laundry soap or dish soap which may have lanolin or bleaching agent.
Next, for the spot treatment to work pour the stain remover into a spray bottle. Use it to spray the urine directly. Extract the solution with the Shop-Vac tool. Alternatively, let the stain remover set in then use a cotton cloth or paper towel to dry. Rinse the spot with warm water. Repeat the cleaning process until the urine mark fades away. Lastly, rinse the spot using a mixer of two tablespoons of ammonia with a cup of water until the dent gradually disappears.
Carpet stain removal products
Are you clueless when it comes to choosing spot treatment products? You have to make a choice between products that handle odor and stain. Does the product have harmful ingredients that can harm your pet or baby? Check the product label so you don’t run the risk of damaging your fabric. Don't dismiss a product because of the price tag. An expensive product doesn't mean it's effective. Instead, focus on reading reviews to discover any flaws and get something that fits your needs. You may have to choose a spot treatment product for removing the variety of stains particularly if you have children.
Upholstery cleaner products and methods are essential things when you are about to wash up your home or your car. Without the proper knowledge of what you are doing, you may damage your upholstery. In order to avoid this, you need to know what to do and how to do it regarding cleaning your car. This guide will tell you the best upholstery cleaner methods to get your vehicle looking and smelling right.
1. Removing the stains:
Follow these steps to remove the stains.
• Try to test the upholstery cleaner product before using it. Use it on a small hidden area before applying it to the vehicle.
• If the furniture of the vehicle is leather, treat it first with leather upholstery cleaner before using the main upholstery cleaner. Apply it for about 30 seconds before rubbing it off.
• Rub the ink stains with the suitable upholstery cleaner which will be alcohol or hairspray. Mix the alcohol with some water not to harm the furniture of the vehicle.
• Greasy and oily stains are removed by water-based upholstery cleaner.
• Coffee stains are removed by diluting them with cold water and then rubbing them with a piece of cotton.
• Vomit is removed by water and soap.
• Blood stains are removed by cold water and a piece of cotton.
2. Clean the fabric upholstery of the vehicle:
Follow these steps:
• Make a homemade solution by mixing water and a natural chemical like vinegar.
• Apply the solution to the fabric and rub it well. Notice that if you used this cleaner to something else instead of fabric, it may not work well.
• The mixture of soap, hot water and borax is one of the best solutions for the fabric upholstery. Brush the fabric with the solution gently in order not to cause any damage to the fabric.
• Of course, this way is better because it is cheaper but if you want to buy professional upholstery cleaner, you probably will get the same results.
3. Steam cleaning:
Steam cleaners can be rented at many stores. These will wash the furniture and carpet deeply. The steam cleaner will run hot water over the area that you are washing. It will suck it back up immediately and this way the steam cleaner will extract the water from the upholstery along with dirt.
4. Use a toothbrush to clean seams:
There are seams on the seat upholstery where dirt and debris can easily accumulate here. It is so hard to lift this dirt with any method like vacuuming or scrubbing it with a piece of cloth so the best solution is the use of a toothbrush to get at these areas by scrubbing the upholstery gently with the solution.
5. The floor mats:
Follow the following steps to get the floor mats properly.
• Remove the floor mats from the car gently in order not to damage any of them.
• Wash them using the solution that you have been using.
• Leave them until they dry out completely.
You need carpet cleaning services if you are a rug owner. Are you interested in doubling the life of your mat and make it look fresh for years? You have to put a few strategies in place to reach your goal. Most homeowners assume their floor coverings are simply fine just by looking. That is a false impression because they collect germs. How much traffic is on that floor covering? You don’t see by merely looking.
Floor coverings make our home feel warm and cozy to live in. To maintain a mat’s glossy look is no mean achievement whether in the office, home, church or restaurant, spa or hotel. You grapple with your pet’s poo, food dropping, and liquid spillages. Companies who offer carpet cleaning services provide periodic services to maintain the coziness of your mat. Also, they have the expertise to get the odor and stains out plus powerful machines and good training to execute their job.
Quick Guide: Carpet cleaning methods
The washing method is a significant part of carpet cleaning services. Consider the material your matting is made of before scheduling an appointment with your service provider. Professionals recommend washing once or twice every year. However, people with kids and pets can remove dirt more often. A professional helps you remodel your home. As you sit back and relax the expert carpet cleaner will do the dirty work for you.
Steam cleaning also called hot water extraction is a popular laundering method in the residential niche market. Hot water and solution are sprayed on the carpet to remove allergens, loosen debris and dirt. It takes about 24 hours to fully dry up.
A carpet cleaning service provider would prefer using dry cleaning method which is ideal for business. It is not exactly water free. The fact is drying times are much shorter than steaming. Drying is further divided into bonnet and host carpet cleaning. A pad known as bonnet is used by staff providing carpet cleaning services to scrub the matting after spraying it with a chemical solution. In the case of host carpet cleaning a damp compound is spread on the mat to attract then grip the dirt. Next, it is vacuumed up then you consider it thoroughly washed.
Carpet cleaning pricing model
Carpet washing costs vary based on different variables, for instance, the floor size, rug type and odor treatment. A vendor may ask for low prices because they want to get a foot in the door. Square footage rating sometimes requires the provider to visit your home to make the estimates. Travel may result to additional levies.
Typically carpet cleaning services provider charges a 200-400 sq. ft. carpet between $80 and $130. The types of laundering method used determine the pricing as well for example, the chemicals used, steaming and drying. Dry cleaning cost ranges between $120 and $140. Matting are made of different fibers determining how much dirt and debris they hide. Berber is the easiest to wash with an average cost of $90.
Carpet cleaning breathes life to a dirty floor covering. What’s more when you deep cleaning your rug makes it really look spotless. You yearn for a carpet cleaner that would give the best cleaning services at amazing prices so as to purge out the stains, dog pee, and dust. Maybe you have been thinking of purchasing a cleaner for a while now. If you have the financial strength then investing in a high-quality one is good for you. It is worth having a cleaner around so you can try working at your convenient time. Buy one not only with a large tank that saves you trips to the sink but durable as well. Other options include renting at a fee from a vendor.
How to find a carpet cleaning service near you
Service providers are not hard to find. Check online and surf their websites. Sometimes all you need to do is check if they work for big companies for proof that they have a good record. Then again ask yourself if the prices are reasonable and that no surprise or hidden charges. Do a proper research on rates of Carpet Cleaning in your locality. In fact, certain companies go to great length and advertise if their staffs have their criminal records checked. But it doesn’t mean if a carpet cleaning company is not advertising they are DBS checked they employ crooks.
Asking your friends if they can recommend to you a good cleaning company isn’t such a bad idea! Is the cleaning company covered by third-party damages? Before work begins assess the chemicals they want to use on your mat. Inquire what sort of carpet cleaner they use. Also, find out if they have had training since they will handle chemicals in your home. Perhaps you overlooked some finer details and discover the cleaner is a “cowboy outfit”. Obviously, cold callers lack in work or experience. Check if the carpet cleaning firm near you offers guarantee policy. If you are not satisfied with the services you get your money back.
Local carpet cleaning deals that will make you save money
Deals are great ways for a company to build strong bonds with customers. They struggle to market themselves for the future. Sometimes a carpet cleaner is faced with a decision to offer discounts and deals to increase their customer acquisition and loyalty. The trick is to look out for offers at your disposal. Clearly, cleaners want to nudge first time client to convert to a paying customer.
The typical deal is percentage-based discount ranging from 5%-50% on varied services sprinkled throughout the year. Offers to remove allergens, odor and using the state-of-the-art carpet cleaner can be mind-bogglingly cheap.
Check on local carpet cleaner deals in your area to save money. For example, three rooms carpet initially costing $150 can be halved to $75. Deals may include steam cleaning carpets with pre-conditioned treatments to extract soil. Enjoy cutting-edge services from experienced professional carpet cleaners. Check on expiry dates so you are not left out.
Idaho Carpet Cleaning and Restoration