The need of stain remover when your pen leaks in your pocket or your sleeves are wiped on ink that was about to dry is ultimate. If you decided to forget about it and just wash your shirt as regular, the stain will be permanent and this shirt will be technically not wearable especially if the shirt is cotton. This guide will tell you how to deal with the ball point pen stains especially with cotton shirts and the mechanism through which stain remover works as a spot treatment and dissolve the area.
Let’s see how stain remover works.
1. Determine the type of the ink:
Not all pens are the same and traditional pens are not the only ones available nowadays so you need to know what type of ink that stains your shirt in order to know the best way to make the stain remover work as a spot treatment.
• Traditional ballpoint pens have a fast-drying, oil-based ink. To remove this type of ink you will need a solvent.
• Rollerball pens have water-based inks which are easily to be removed.
• Gel pens have a highly-pigmented type of ink that is difficult to be removed by ordinary ways.
Discover the type of the pen to know exactly which type it is as you will not be able to determine the best way to deal with the spot without determining the type of the ink.
2. How to deal with ballpoint stains? (Oil-based ink):
Follow the following steps to remove this type of ink.
• The most suitable stain remover in this case is ethanol or ethyl alcohol which is basically a component of many home products.
• Place a towel or a napkin on the spot when you spray it with the stain remover to give the stain a place to be removed to. Don’t try to the rub the towel or the napkin against the shirt in order not to spread the area affected.
• Apply the alcohol to the location. Note that if you are going to use a wipe, you will need to blot the fabric firmly in order to squeeze the solvent into the spot. Wiping the fabric gives you another option which is putting a heavy item over it and wait for several minutes until the stain remover works.
3. How to deal with rollerball Pen stains? (Water-based ink):
Follow the following steps to remove this type of ink.
• Soak the stained part into milk for about 30 minutes then rinse it with warm water and try to rub it with an old toothbrush.
• The best spot treatment for the remaining affected area is the powdered colour-safe bleach. Mix the spot treatment with an amount of water to form a paste then apply it to the stain.
• Repeat the soaking and the spot treatment steps until you get the best results.
4. How to deal with Gel Pen Stain? (Highly-pigmented Ink):
Follow the following steps to remove this type of ink.
• Wash it with soap or regular detergent immediately. They both work as a sport treatment.
• Treat the stain with ammonia or vinegar solution for the best results.
Do you give a second thought to what would be your best upholstery cleaner? A couch is quite something and a place where you unwind. You may not realize it is dirtied and needs some kind of serious grooming. If you observe your couch closely do you see any lingering stains? All you need is spot test to discover any form of discoloration. Majority of people approach the stores or hire professional service providers. The only problem is hiring a pro can quickly become expensive. Instead, buy your own upholstery cleaner to save you tons of cash.
Buying an upholstery cleaner can be a task in itself from a heap of upholstery cleaner models in the market to a great number of features. There are two important issues here. Choosing the right model and adequately cleaning your couch or sofa in the right way.
Tips for choosing upholstery cleaning machines
Clearly, the features determine if the cleaner is the right one for you. First of all, determine what you want. Do you require a more portable handheld model or a full-size canister system? You may want a cleaner that does both steaming of clothes and removing coffee stains from your couch or sofa.
In general buying upholstery cleaner is a personal experience dependent on individual needs. What kind of fabric is your couch made of? Certain fabrics only require vacuum cleaning while another maybe ok with water. A portable cleaner is easy to move from one room to another. Check if the cord can reach where you need it.
Does it have enough decent assortments of accessories to do the job? For example a fabric steaming tool, window cleaning tool, mop head, a flexible extension hose, a bent spray nozzle and brush nozzle. Not all accessories are perfect for your upholstery.
What is the actual steaming time? Some cleaners produce 45 minutes of high-pressure steam. Basically, that is a good thing because it blasts out upholstery stain with ease. Unfortunately, it may ruin some surfaces.
Tricks for Couch cleaning
Sadly, the pesky stain on your upholstery will not disappear without hard work. Choose a hidden spot on the sofa to test the upholstery cleaner products to avert a costly adventure. Where did the staining come from? Was it a pet’s urine, grease, coffee, ketchup or wine? The process sounds intimidating but it doesn’t have to be so.
First off, vacuum the upholstery before you begin the cleaning process to remove the pet hair, dirt or debris on the couch. Spot clean the tough stain and leave for about 5 minutes using your favorite cleaning product. Use a cloth to remove the solution. The dirt might be trapped in the couch’s fibers which is why you need to try a pre-conditioner before you start steam cleaning. Start cleaning the cushions followed by the rest of the couch. Once you are through with the whole furniture leave it to dry. Confirm if all parts of the couch are completely dry before using.
Carpet cleaning can be so easy if you know exactly what to do regarding different situations. Things like the best carpet cleaner for certain stains, how to make a homemade carpet cleaner, how to find the best carpet cleaning agency and the secrets of carpet cleaning need a guide to help the non-professional people who face such problems and want to wash their floors without paying a lot of money. This guide will teach you how to deal with one of the most annoying problems which is fleas. When fleas invade the fibers, it is so hard to get them out just by regular cleaning so let’s see how to get rid of them professionally.
1. Getting rid of fleas chemically:
Follow the following steps to wash your carpet out of fleas chemically:
• Use an eco-friendly, pet-safe insecticide as a carpet cleaner. Apply it to a certain area of your floor or a place in a certain room. Wait until it dries out totally then vacuum your carpet. You will have to vacuum daily up to a week or may be two maximum according to the condition of the fibers.
• Don’t let your pets or kids in the room or the area you are cleaning especially if they are allergic to insecticides. You may suffer from dramatic consequences if you did that.
• Use salt or borax and apply it all over the floor, especially where your pet loves to sit, under sofas and furniture and near the door. Leave it for up to 48 hours before vacuuming. Also make sure your kids and pets stay out of the area you are cleaning.
2. Using Diatomaceous Earth for carpet cleaning purposes:
Follow the following steps to clean your carpet using Diatomaceous Earth as a carpet cleaner:
• Make sure to use food grade Diatomaceous Earth because there is a type for the swimming pools and it is not suitable as a carpet cleaner.
• The type we use in the swimming pools is toxic while the type for carpet cleaning is safe so if your pet or kid digested it by mistake, nothing bad will happen.
• Spread the diatomaceous earth all over the floor. It will wash it up perfectly as it kills fleas effectively.
• Vacuum all your floors.
• Use it to wash the place of your pet’s place too. Usually the pet’s place is where fleas come from so killing them there will be elimination to the source of fleas.
• Give your pet a path before letting it sleep at its place again.
3. The regular carpet cleaning method:
Follow the following steps to clean your carpet regularly:
• It is better to use a nozzle instead of just vacuuming the floor.
• The duration of vacuuming differs according to how heavy the infestation is. The heaviest infestation requires up to two weeks of daily vacuuming.
• Vacuum the same places as previous and make sure to reach corners and baseboards.
• Throw the vacuum cleaner bag outside your home and make sure to tie it well.
• Wash your carpet and furniture using a steam cleaner. It will kill any remnants of the fleas within the fibers.
• Make sure to wash your pet’s bedding using the best and safest carpet cleaner.
Where do you start when it comes to looking for a steam cleaner for the carpet? You can consider renting a carpet shampooer that can use a detergent and hot water to loosen the dirt from your carpet and then remove it. Clearly, heavy foot traffic can really make the carpet dirty. On average, it costs about $51 for a professional to clean a carpet for each room. Whereas renting a carpet shampooer would probably cost you $35 per day including the cleaning solution. Besides, cost issues there are factors to consider before renting a steam cleaner.
Best carpet cleaner solution
Mattings get stained for numerous reasons from unforeseen accidents to pet odor. Most of the stain removers work well preferably immediately the stain occurs. Still, you may not be able to keep track of all the stains on your matting. Buy a carpet shampoo at a fordable price. For thick mats, you need a shampoo that can perform deep cleaning. Some solutions are versatile, therefore, great for any carpet shampooer. Apart from that, you can look at a solution that can work with almost any carpet whether thick or thin without creating too much odor. Also, choose a shampoo with the pleasant fragrance that freshen your room leaving the floor covering scented.
What no one tells you about carpet shampooer rental?
Most people would require the steam cleaner for just a day. Get your projections right. How long do you think you can take to clean the mat? Determine the number of rooms to clean. You might need the cleaner for a time slightly longer than 24 hours. You can then decide to negotiate for daily rates of multi-day rental.
Your carpet shampooer rental company may recommend a certain cleaning solution for use with the steam cleaner. For instance, they may prefer a strong solution for the carpet and a different kind for the upholstery. The bottom line is this you have to verify whether you are using the correct detergent. Ask the rental company if their carpet shampooer is compatible with alternative brands of detergents.
Before you rent try to find out if the steam cleaner has passed CRI testing procedures. A certified cleaner will receive either a Golden, Silver or Bronze certification. So what's the point? The Carpet and Rug Institute uses the certification to determine the levels of steam cleaner power and efficacy.
Is the machine transportable? Besides, pushing the cleaner around the house as you do the cleaning, you have to load and unload it in your truck when transporting it. Remember: when you fill the steam shampooer with detergent it might become heavier to maneuver.
How long will my matting take to dry? Drying time ranges from just a couple of hours to 10 hours. If a rug has heavy stains chances are that it takes more time to dry up. Most of all, no one should walk on it before it dries. Or else, the mat will get dirty pretty much easier.
Carpet cleaning services are among the common businesses that most people think of it when they want to open a good business with good income. As any business, carpet cleaning services need a clear plan and most people already apply the plan well regarding buying the equipment and advertising their business but they still fall in some mistakes that make the business run slowly.
Most carpet cleaning services owners ask about what they have done wrong and here are some of the most common mistakes that most carpet cleaning services owners fall in.
1. Failure to handle the financial situation:
When an owner of the carpet cleaning services business consults a financial expert, the expert asks him/her three questions which are
• Do you track your incomes and losses?
• Are you able to create a budget?
• Do you have an estimated budget?
Unfortunately most of the business owners have no idea about these questions.
The financial experts say the problem mainly is not the money but it is that the owners do not know the definition of the word budget and do not know how to adhere to it.
The perfect solution in this case is that the owner of the business hires a certified public accountant which will take a good care of the whole financial situation of the business including handling the incomes and losses situation to make the business succeed. That is also about make the proper amount of money.
2. Merging personal and business accounts:
One of the most common mistakes that carpet cleaning services owners do is to merge their personal and business accounts together. They think that the business is too small to open a separate account for it and that is the mistake.
You need to follow the following rules in order to maintain the finances of the business separated from your personal finances.
• Don’t use the business money for your personal purchases and don’t let your wife to use the business money too if she works with you. Keep the business money away from your personal life and live on the profits of the business.
• Follow the IRS (Internal Revenue Service) instructions regarding the separation between your finances and the business money.
3. The taxes:
The taxes system for the small businesses is simpler than for Major Corporation for example. The tax system will estimate the amount of that you should pay then you should deposit it and of course the estimated amount of money is based on your financial situation so don’t try to manipulate with the taxes system because at the end, the government will catch you.
Delaying the payment leads to serious consequences which will lead to large fines or even time in jail.
Pay your taxes regularly and don’t get in troubles.
4. Invest money back in the business:
Most carpet cleaning services owners deal with the equipment they bought when they started the place and never buy the latest technologies which allow their competitors to have some and may be a lot of their customers. Invest money in the business and buy the latest technologies available; it will pay back soon.
Cleaning the toilet is the task that nearly everyone postpones it mainly because they don’t know what to do. This guide will tell you the three best ways for clearing the toilet so let’s start directly.
1. Deep Cleaning of the toilet:
Follow the following steps.
• Wear clean gloves. It is preferable to wear waterproof, rubber gloves as toilets are the paradise of bacteria so you will need to keep your hands clean and dry. Keep these gloves at a certain place and tell everyone at the home that they are the gloves of the toilet not to be mixed with other gloves at home.
• Wash the whole toilet using hot water first to loosen the dirt and kill most of the organisms.
• Use a sponge after putting it in hot water to wash the toilet.
• Apply the toilet cleaner to the area that you are about to scrub then start rubbing the toilet with the sponge. It is better to read the manufacturer’s instructions to make sure that the type of cleaner you have is suitable for the toilet stains.
2. Quick cleaning of the toilet:
Follow the following steps.
•You will need certain tools. Rubber gloves, a toilet brush, sanitary wipes, an old, out-of-use toothbrush, clean rags, paper towels and toilet cleaner.
• Put on your gloves and scrub the toilet.
• Start with the bowl then move to the rest of the toilet.
• If there are some stains that will not be removed by only scrubbing, apply some pressure over them.
• If the stains are hard to remove, apply the toilet cleaner and scrub again.
• Take special care of the top and bottom lids. Wash them on both sides and use every possible method and every possible tool to clean them well. They are among the areas that must be cleaned well even if you are giving your toilet a quick cleaning.
• Use a spray and give your toilet a shiny look after finishing your quick cleaning.
3. Cleaning the areas around the toilet:
Follow the following steps for the proper cleaning around the toilet.
• remove any items on the toilet or around it like boxes and tissues. That is how you will be able to wash under and around them and on the other hand, they will be safe instead of accidentally breaking anything.
• Remove the dust and wash the items that you have removed well before putting them back on the toilet.
• Clean the floor around the toilet.
4. The final steps:
After finishing everything, do the following.
• Flush your toilet.
• Get the items that you have removed back to their place again.
• Take off the gloves and put them in a certain place. Again, tell everybody that these gloves are specific for cleaning the toilet in order not to be mixed with any kind of gloves at home. It is better to wash the gloves by hot water and a cleaner before putting them away.
• Wash your hands with hot water and soap to kill any bacteria that escaped from the gloves.
A stain remover is a great idea to have in your home or office to lift blemishes right off in a couple of minutes. Anyway, water doesn't help at all with spot treatment. Carpet stain can make someone’s life miserable indeed. Carpet and sofa mess can happen if you have a chaotic three-year old baby and a dog with the tendency of bringing mud in the house.
Spot treatment will help you pull up stains and get rid of the odor. It seems whatever is to get into your sofa or carpet always does whether it is blood, glue, tea, wax or gum. A spill is an ordinary thing in many homes. You can try to scrub and get nowhere without a proper stain remover. The front door area of the carpet runs the risks of much staining because of high foot traffic. Spot treatment leaves the carpet or sofa smart and stains free.
How to get pet stains out of carpet
Pet owners are familiar with unintended discoloration on the carpets ranging from mud, urine, and dust which happen on a daily basis. Urine is a tough dent to tackle. Before you embark on removing the entire mark perform a spot removal test on a section of the carpet using a stain remover.
Spills may not be an issue in your house if you have the best stain remover. It fades away the marks clean. It is exciting to find a product that really works quickly to remove the tint spot.
Is the urine still wet? Blot it with a clean paper towel. Do this faster before it is absorbed. If you own a Shop-Vac use it to extract the rest of the urine. Mix a cup of warm water with a ¼ spoonful of dishwashing detergent. Desist from using laundry soap or dish soap which may have lanolin or bleaching agent.
Next, for the spot treatment to work pour the stain remover into a spray bottle. Use it to spray the urine directly. Extract the solution with the Shop-Vac tool. Alternatively, let the stain remover set in then use a cotton cloth or paper towel to dry. Rinse the spot with warm water. Repeat the cleaning process until the urine mark fades away. Lastly, rinse the spot using a mixer of two tablespoons of ammonia with a cup of water until the dent gradually disappears.
Carpet stain removal products
Are you clueless when it comes to choosing spot treatment products? You have to make a choice between products that handle odor and stain. Does the product have harmful ingredients that can harm your pet or baby? Check the product label so you don’t run the risk of damaging your fabric. Don't dismiss a product because of the price tag. An expensive product doesn't mean it's effective. Instead, focus on reading reviews to discover any flaws and get something that fits your needs. You may have to choose a spot treatment product for removing the variety of stains particularly if you have children.
Idaho Carpet Cleaning and Restoration