Fire damage is among the worst disasters that mankind ever knows so imagine the situation when it is your home that has been on fire. We wish the safety of everyone and that no one never experience such a disaster but we know that disasters do happen. Everything becomes a mess after the fire damage so you need to know the general lines that you need to follow to reduce the harm as possible as you can.
1. When can you enter the house?
You should wait the opinion of the professionals regarding when to enter the house again after the damage. The professionals also will provide you with the information about the following items:
• How severe the fire damage is.
• Determination of the safety zone around the house.
• The professionals will make sure that the fire is extinguished.
If the house is badly affected, you will not be allowed to return inside it until some repairs take place.
2. Who should you call after the fire damage?
• You may need to call all the members of the family and tell them what happened. It is a hard time and everyone should stick together.
• Contact your insurance company. Make them send someone to evaluate the fire damage and file a report. It is among the first things that you need to do once you make sure that you and your family are safe.
It is better if you take pictures to the damages before doing any repairs and after doing the repair. Charge the insurance company for all the repairs; that is the situation that you have kept paying the insurance company for a long time for.
• Contact anyone that you feel may be helpful in such situation. Again, it is a hard time and everyone will try to support you and your family.
3. The fire report about the fire damage:
The fire report should include the following information.
• What structure the house was in.
• what area was involved in the fire damage.
• The time and the date of the disaster.
The file report will have a number and you should have a copy of it in order to be able to ask for money from the insurance company.
After the fire damage, thieves may be around your home trying to steal whatever they can especially the first night after the disaster. There are a lot of valuable properties that people forget about them during dealing with the situation and these properties are the goals of the thieves. Secure your house well. It is better if you called a carpenter to fix the doors and the windows until getting the whole house fixed again.
5. Cleaning up:
This point will vary according to the severity of the fire damage. Assess the situation and see what you can clean up by yourself and what needs professional help. You will not be able to clean things like soot, smoke and odor by yourself while professionals will be able to clean up the whole place and restore it as if nothing happened.
Idaho Carpet Cleaning and Restoration