One of the most effective ways to wash your carpet properly is to use a steam cleaner. Steam cleaning will get your carpet as clean as if you just bought it but in order to get these great results, you need to know how to use the steam cleaner properly. Basically you will need a steam cleaner machine, water and carpet shampooer. So now let’s find out the steps of how to use the steam cleaner properly.
1. Prepare the area you are going to clean:
To be able to use the steam cleaner machine well, you need to remove everything from the area that you are about to wash; remove any piece of furniture and here are some tips for the different situations regarding removing the furniture.
• Put wood blocks or plastic film under the legs of heavy furniture if you can’t move them not to be affected badly by the water and the carpet shampooer.
• If you don’t have space where you can move the furniture, move it to the half of the room then get the empty half then move the furniture to the area that you cleaned and get the other half. Be careful and don’t let the water or the carpet shampooer touch the furniture.
• Clean the room well from the dust. Wipe the ceiling fans and corners too.
2. Prepare the steam cleaner:
Follow the following steps to fill it.
• Despite the fact that most steam cleaners can heat the water on its own, using the hot water to fill the machine is better.
• Fill the machine with the suitable carpet shampooer.
• Some machines have different compartments for the water and the carpet shampooer and the others just mix the water and the carpet shampooer together.
• Add an extra chemical like vinegar for the best results.
3. The process of steam cleaning:
Now let’s find out how to wash your carpet properly.
• Begin the cleaning process from a corner of the carpet. It is better if you start from the corner at the entrance. Move according to the type of the cleaner.
• The instructions of how to use the steam cleaner are extremely important as the mechanism of each process can be different according to the type of the steam cleaner.
• Don’t walk over the areas that you have just washed.
• The best way is to follow the long lines technique. Clean from wall to wall in a long line and then start a new line with slight overlapping over the old line to make sure that all the carpet will be reached.
• Don’t move the machine fast. Move slowly and let the machine wash every part well.
After finishing the whole carpet, let it to dry out. The duration that most carpets take to dry out is from 6 to 8 hours. Some carpets take longer time especially if it needed a heavy cleaning so you may leave it for 24 hours to dry out. Don’t walk over the carpet until it is completely dry and tell everybody not to walk over it too.
Idaho Carpet Cleaning and Restoration