Upholstery cleaner products and methods are essential things when you are about to wash up your home or your car. Without the proper knowledge of what you are doing, you may damage your upholstery. In order to avoid this, you need to know what to do and how to do it regarding cleaning your car. This guide will tell you the best upholstery cleaner methods to get your vehicle looking and smelling right.
1. Removing the stains:
Follow these steps to remove the stains.
• Try to test the upholstery cleaner product before using it. Use it on a small hidden area before applying it to the vehicle.
• If the furniture of the vehicle is leather, treat it first with leather upholstery cleaner before using the main upholstery cleaner. Apply it for about 30 seconds before rubbing it off.
• Rub the ink stains with the suitable upholstery cleaner which will be alcohol or hairspray. Mix the alcohol with some water not to harm the furniture of the vehicle.
• Greasy and oily stains are removed by water-based upholstery cleaner.
• Coffee stains are removed by diluting them with cold water and then rubbing them with a piece of cotton.
• Vomit is removed by water and soap.
• Blood stains are removed by cold water and a piece of cotton.
2. Clean the fabric upholstery of the vehicle:
Follow these steps:
• Make a homemade solution by mixing water and a natural chemical like vinegar.
• Apply the solution to the fabric and rub it well. Notice that if you used this cleaner to something else instead of fabric, it may not work well.
• The mixture of soap, hot water and borax is one of the best solutions for the fabric upholstery. Brush the fabric with the solution gently in order not to cause any damage to the fabric.
• Of course, this way is better because it is cheaper but if you want to buy professional upholstery cleaner, you probably will get the same results.
3. Steam cleaning:
Steam cleaners can be rented at many stores. These will wash the furniture and carpet deeply. The steam cleaner will run hot water over the area that you are washing. It will suck it back up immediately and this way the steam cleaner will extract the water from the upholstery along with dirt.
4. Use a toothbrush to clean seams:
There are seams on the seat upholstery where dirt and debris can easily accumulate here. It is so hard to lift this dirt with any method like vacuuming or scrubbing it with a piece of cloth so the best solution is the use of a toothbrush to get at these areas by scrubbing the upholstery gently with the solution.
5. The floor mats:
Follow the following steps to get the floor mats properly.
• Remove the floor mats from the car gently in order not to damage any of them.
• Wash them using the solution that you have been using.
• Leave them until they dry out completely.
Idaho Carpet Cleaning and Restoration